Split-King, King, Queen, Full & Twin XL sizes
Best Mattress for
Best Matress for Adjustable Bases
Most Mattress for Adjustable Beds
Best Adjustable Mattress for Adjustable Bases
- The Idle Plush gets our highest recommendations because of the following 16 features:
- Industry leading 18-month home trial (that is 548 nights) – compare this to the industry standard 100-night sleep trials
- Industry leading Lifetime warranty – compare this to the industry standard 5-10 year warranties
- Above warranty even covers sleep impressions while most others don’t cover this
- 14″ mattress for extra comfort and support
- Medium-soft firmness suits side sleepers as well as back sleepers
- 8 different layers from cooling buoyancy foam to gel infused buoyancy foam to memory foam to fireproof covering
- Made from certified CertiPUR-US®️ foam to ensure that there are no ozone depleters, PBDE’s, TDCPP, mercury or lead in your mattress
- Cooling and gel infused buoyancy foam ensures that you sleep cool (unlike with traditional memory foam)
- Rapid response technology ensures that the mattress returns to original form quickly, as soon as you get out of bed leaving no impressions behind
- Free Shipping and Free Returns
- Washable quilted cover
- Flexible financing options starting as low as $12/month (0% APR, 60 month financing)
- Amazing pricing structure (as much as 55% cheaper than certain popular brands)
- 2 free pillows included with mattress purchase
- All sizes available from Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King and Split-King
- Easy unpacking and setup
- Seriously, it doesn’t get any better than this!!
- If Medium-Soft is too soft for you and you prefer a Medium firmness, try this instead!
30% off Sale Going on Now !!!
(Valid As of 27th January, 2021)
Adjustable Bed of 2021
The Good News
Check out the 16 reasons we have mentioned above. 548 night (18-month) sleep trial, lifetime warranty covering even body impressions etc. are unheard of in this industry.
The Bad & Ugly News
Only ‘Medium-Soft’ firmness is available. This is best for side-sleepers and combination sleepers (you switch between back, side and stomach sleeping). If you prefer a slightly firmer mattress, we recommend this variation.
What type of mattress is best for an adjustable base?
Latex and Memory Foam are the best types of mattresses for adjustable bases. Innerspring mattresses from the good old days don’t work well for obvious reasons. The metalic coil springs that are interconnected to each other obviously won’t flex smoothly with the the adjustable bed’s motions. But modern innerspring mattresses have individually wrapped coil springs which are independent of other coils. These work just fine with adjustable beds. Air beds and adjustable mattresses also work fine. Water beds obviously won’t work (when the head is raised, all the water will collect in the bottom.. and so on).
Latex is the best in many respects; but it is also the most expensive out of the lot.
What's so special about the Idle Sleep Plush Mattress?
Let us try to simplify the answer as much as possible.
- High levels of support and pressure relief while maintaing high levels of comfort / softness at the top
- Sleeps cool – one of the major complaints about conventional memory foam mattresses was that they got hot during the warm months. Idle Sleep overcomes that by using Cooling gel infused buoyancy foam which ensures that you sleep cool all night long!
- Rapid Response Technology (RRT) – quick return to normal form. Unless you sleep on a very firm mattress or you’re in the featherweight category, you’re bound to make an impression on the mattress. Initially, this impression will pop back up and return to normal on most mattresses. But as time goes by, these impressions kind of become ‘permanent’. Fortunately, with the Idle Sleep Plush mattress, they have something called RRT which ensures that the mattress doesn’t get ‘sink holes’ for decades.
- 18-month home trials. We’ve heard of 30-day home trials and 100-day home trials. But 18 months? Either Idle Sleep is insane or extremely confident in their product to offer such a long 548 night home trial
- Lifetime warranty that covers even body impressions ? All I can say is wow.
- Reasonable pricing – we’ll be the first to admit that these are not the $200 mattresses you see on Amazon, Walmart etc. This is a Premium mattress and mattresses of this quality from other manufacturers cost twice as much in some cases.
Surely there must be something wrong with the mattress
Yes, no mattress is perfect.
- We wish it could be cheaper. $500 for a queen size would have been great. But then again, mattresses in that price range typically have problems like sleeping hot, sinking, motion transfer etc. etc.
- There are no options when it comes to the firmness of this mattress. There is only one firmness which is Medium-Soft. This is great if you’re a side-sleeper or combination sleeper. But if you’re strictly a back sleeper or stomach sleeper, you’ll have to look at other options.